View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 05:18 AM   #4
RLPRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoupGarou View Post
RLPRACING

So I take it you applied the adhesive along the length of the steel studs only and not to the foam panels?Yes, just on the studs

Where the seams of the panels came together, did the divider strips fall somewhere between the steel studs? We cut each panel so the divider fell on a stud.

When you hung your cabinets, did you use toggle fasteners into the steel studs to secure them?We hung them like you would cabinets in a house but instead of using wood screws, we using self tapping sheet metal screws. #10's and #12's, which ever I had and as long as the stud would allow without going through the other side.So we had to find the studs just like in a house and drilled a hole through the cabinet making sure we drilled through the boards at the top and bottom of the cabinet. After the cabinet was up, we used wood screws to screw the cabinets together side to side. In some cases, where the end cabinet is against a corner, its screwed to that wall too. So they are all kind of one unit and a lot of screws would have to loosen up before a cabinet could fall.

I've been thinking of using white FRB panel in the ceiling, but my reaearch uncovered recommendations not to do so. What maternal did you use?
Don't know why you cant use FRP but we got our wall and ceiling paneling at a RV surplus outlet so its "real" RV material. Its wood backed with a vinyl paper decorative covering. Its a little thinner than the paneling you would buy at Lowes so we did use the vinyl corners/dividers that's made for FRP, not the paneling ones. Just pulling a number out of the air, lets say the one is for 3/16" material and the other 1/4". Lowes carries both.

Going back to your original post you asked about putting wood strips on the steel. If you were to do that, it may insulate that area a little better than ours. When its zero degrees outside, that cold goes right through our skin and steel stud and all we have is that thin wall board to kind of stop it. You can feel where every stud is.

Keep the questions coming!
RLPRACING is offline   Reply With Quote