View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 07:00 AM   #1
superbird03

Default Drive shaft angle/vibration question

Hi all,

I had the frame stretched on my Kenworth T2000. I had 8 feet added to the wheel base and installed a 26' box on the chassis behind the sleeper. A place out in Gurnee, Il area did the frame stretch and driveshaft work. I am questioning the way they did the drive shafts and wanted another opinion. I now have 3 drive shafts that are about 5' long going from the transmission to the front differential. The first one was always there, but then added 2 more to make up for the length added. I haven't measured the angles of them yet but will. The first 2 drive shafts are angling down about 10 degrees or so and the last one angles up just a bit (approximately 5 degrees). All the information I can find has all the drive shafts angling down. I feel a slight vibration now in the floor and shifter when under heavy load and acceleration. When I take my foot off the accelerator pedal it stops immediately. Does anyone see a problem with this drive shaft setup? I am not sure if the last driveshaft going the opposite direction would be causing a vibration or not?

Thanks,
Steve
Attached Thumbnails
truck.jpg  
superbird03 is offline   Reply With Quote