Thread: Frame Welding
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 11:15 PM   #333
Kenn

Default wiring

I have been busy working on wiring. I am building a cabinet above the entry door to house the Progressive Dynamics "inteli=power 4000" AC/DC distribution panel. I will also mount other items like the tank monitoring system, generator hour meter and switches for the water pump and the water heater. I have run most of the wires but still need to run the #4 battery wires. I bought four 6 volt golf cart batteries last week and built the upper hold down frame and then took the complete frame to the powder coating guy. I am not a cabinet maker, I knew this going in and have confirmed it several time in the past week. I am using the Kreg pocket screw system to join oak plywood,1 x 2 and 1 x 3 oak from Home Depot and Lowes. I am trying to keep it simple in design. The power center cabinet has 3/4 plywood for the sides and bottom. I made a face frame and door with the oak. The door will have 1/4 plywood in the center that all of the parts mentioned above will mount through. On the wall you can seen many pieces of yellow masking tape holding and identifying most of the wires. When I started I was planning to keep the number of wires to a minimum, but they just seem to add up fast. I should have the cabinet finished and install this week and then the fun of hooking up a few wires.
Attached Thumbnails
IM000123.jpg   IM000124.jpg   IM000126.jpg   IM000128.jpg  
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote