View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 11:02 PM   #1
Big Red

Default Transmission Conversion?

Hi, I am a New Member and I hate to start off with this question, because it might make me look and sound like a lazy old man, but I was wondering if anyone has an answer to my question of if I can convert my Peterbuilt Race hauler from the current Fuller/Eaton to an Allison or other type of automatic tranny. Another question is could I convert the existing trans ti something like a electric shif assisted trans? I hope the "hard core" guys don't scoff at me. I can drive and shift my rig "clutchless", but I am getting where I would like my Wife or someone else drive besides me. I have owned this Set-up for over five years and use it to haul my 33 Willys Gasser to Nostalgia Drag Events. It is a Peterbuilt one-piece unit with a lounge, that is powered by a 400 Big Cam Cummins Mechanical injected Turbocharged. I love the Rig, but if I can not switch it over to an automatic, I might be forced to switch over to a ShowHauler type of coach and tow my car in a trailer. I hope I haven't shown my ignorance by asking these questions,but I am open to all answers and inputs. I am a motorhead, so if someone thinks I can do this conversion or not I would understand the reasoning. Thanks Tony
Attached Files
Big Red is offline   Reply With Quote