Thread: MDT Ambulance
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 03:37 PM   #3
Bob86ZZ4

I don't know much about the ambulance bodies. I have heard they were made pretty heavy duty. Which sounds heavy. I don't know how much you can get one for either. What about a older semi tractor? My son and I bought a '03 Freightliner FLD120 Classic with the huge condo sleeper, N14 Cummins motor (500 hp, 1850 torque), straight 10 trans, Webasto sleeper heater, Alcoa alloys, engine/trans/diffs were rebuilt 100k miles prior to our purchase, good tires all around, for $18k. We bought it two years ago and he's used it commercially since then with very low repair bills. Now, to convert the lower bunk bed into a nice sofa or 4 captains chairs would be about the same expense as fixing up that ambulance interior. No, probably less. Get a chemical porta toilet to put in there and maybe build a small cabinet around it for the kid's privacy. You are going to be WAY ahead of that ambulance pulling anything, or nothing. Any repairs are going to likely be way less also since you can get it serviced at any truck place. Just a thought.