View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #4
Spider001

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbird03 View Post
The only reason people are building rv's out of trucks is to 1 tow a large trailer safely or 2 they are retired truckers that need an excuse to still own one
I like the idea of designing it my own way (I'm an artist). Only putting in what I want. And leaving out crap I don't need that will only waste space.

I also think most RV's are ugly & look ridiculous. And when you're looking for a used RV you're not going to be able to pick & choose the right paint job & colors. You'll be looking for good condition & the best price. The way it looks, the price & the condition will NEVER match up. A plain white box truck looks a lot better to me.

I also really like the "stealth" aspect of it. It looks like a plain old delivery truck on the outside & nobody will know I live in it. I just think that's really cool. I would totally prefer a plain truck to a gaudy looking RV.

And I really only need a place to sleep & wash up. I don't need furniture, cabinets, counters & all that extra BS. The only things I really "need" are a bed, a shower, heat/AC & my Xbox.

Hell, if I just stick a bed in a box truck that's a million times better than paying the stupid BS prices they charge for apartments. I don't understand how people bust their asses on crappy jobs that they hate every week of their miserable pointless lives just to hand everything over to a greedy landlord. I won't live that way, I'm not that kind of person, that lifestyle will never work for me. I tried to live like that but it just won't work. I don't want to support these people. I don't want to pay their rent & help them buy new cars & pay for their dinner at the most expensive restaurants while I get shit in return. I'd rather spend *MY* money on *ME* rather than piss it all away on some douchebag landlord.

Right now we pay $600 a month for rent. We've been here around 18 years. $600 x 12 months= $7200. $7200 x 18 years= $129,600.00. So that's $129,600.00 to live in a place that I despise. And I don't know where to move to. I don't know where in the USA that I will like. I'm from CT. I want to move back up to the New England area but it's ridiculously expensive up there. There's no way I could afford to live up there. But if I had a truck I could go wherever I want without being enslaved by over priced rents, greedy prick landlords & leases. Just imagine if I put $600 into fixing up a box truck every month instead of burning it on a rent. It would be like building my own house only a lot cheaper & with total freedom to move around from state to state.
Spider001 is offline   Reply With Quote