View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 03:15 AM   #1
Spider001

Default How/where to learn?

Hi, I just joined this forum to ask some questions. I want/need to learn how to convert a box truck into an RV. I know what I would like & can picture it in my head but I don't know how to make it a reality. I don't know anything about RV's or building but I'm gonna have to learn fast. I have no interest in owning a house ever & I'm not willing to give my entire paycheck to a greedy prick landlord. I also like to travel a lot, can't stand being in the same place for more than 6 months & I will never trap myself in a lease. I got myself trapped in East TN. for the past 18 years, I hate it here & it's killing me. So now my #1 goal is to never get trapped anywhere ever again. My home has to have wheels from now on.

So how did you learn to build/convert it yourself? And if you don't do it yourself where can you take it to get the work done? I've been watching youtube videos & trying to learn but they're not geared towards a beginner. I still feel like I don't know anything. It would be really nice if I could meet somebody in real life that does this sort of thing but I'm not that lucky.

And say I bought a truck, what order should I do stuff in? I need a list of things to do & in the order I need to do them. Like insulation, installing windows, water tanks, batteries etc. I'm afraid I'll do something & it will get in the way of something else that I should have done first.

This is something I have to do but I don't even know where to begin.
Spider001 is offline   Reply With Quote