View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #7
Bob86ZZ4

Nate, sssshhhhhhhh,, haven't you heard about the government's "don't ask/don't tell" policy?
Basically that's how it works. There are so few long setups like this that most cops don't even care. Most of the other cops don't even know the regulations. And they certainly don't know the regs for other states than where they work. I know, length laws are state specific and states don't have to offer reciprocity on length. But, I find it hard to believe a cop would enforce their own length law on an out of stater. Sure, there's probably some cop out there that might. I've been a city cop for 29 years. I even actually do quite a bit of traffic enforcement. But if I caught a fellow employee bothering somebody in a rig like that I'd let him have it.

I'm 68' overall. I've driven in about 1/3 the states from coast to coast. I put on a bit shy of 10k miles a year for the past 5 summers (MN, my rig is stored from November to about March). I've never been stopped, or even looked at crossways as far as I can tell.