View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 03:57 PM   #13
hot rod

On my trailer, and others I have run into, there is typically the 30a cord wired with the one end hard wired into the breaker box on the trailer, and the male plug on the other end. You can plug it directly into the female outlet or use the extension cord if needed. My last trailer had about a 20' cord built in, and this one only has a couple of feet so I always need to use an extension with this one. The short cord is coiled up in one of my underbody compartments and I just have a plastic cable hatch in the floor of the compartment to drop the cord through. Cheap and simple. I have also seen race type trailers like mine use a marine shore power connection for the trailer end of the cord, which is real nice quality, waterproof, and has an outside door for the cord to plug into. And very expensive to do, more than I wanted to spend. The RV stuff is sort of middle of the road in price, as in cheaper than the marine version, more expensive than using a walmart orange cord, and way easier than fabricating some custom setup.
hot rod is offline   Reply With Quote