View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #6
mcurcio1989

I do have a roof tank vent. The bathroom vent comes out the side of the room (since there is a loft above). I used a 12v boat blower so that thing does a really good job. Actually I have a few friends who cannot go without smoking on the road and I make them go in the bathroom with the blower on and you never smell smoke in the rest of the truck.

Back to the issue at hand, I do sort of suspect tank / floor seal. The first trip we took the truck on I started noticing the smell on the way home. We had 12 people sleeping in the truck and while there was enough bed space the tank couldn't handle it at all as everyone was drinking non stop all day. I went back to check on it after a day being there and it was literally to the blade seal full. Obviously nobody else was thinking about that. We got pumped out in the morning and then were good to go. This gave me confidence that all my fittings were holding but I do wonder if maybe some sewage leaked out and is sitting around the seal. It was the original seal from the 81 winnebago.
mcurcio1989 is offline   Reply With Quote