View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #5
bushpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekanic View Post
I saw a american standard whirlpool tub at lowes for $398 and i must say i am tempted.
My stumbling block with it is the large amount of hot water to make it work. I'll have to do the math and firgure out what that amount is.
we've got a 10 gallon (Propane & Electric) water heater - we run it on electric (when we're on shore power) but the recovery is MUCH MUCH faster when its using propane - and its HOT, REALLY HOT - so it might be enough for a whirlpool tub.

6 & 10 gallon RV water heaters are the standard - but suburban does make a 12 gallon & 16 gallon unit.

Atwood makes a 50k btu on-demand water heater (better have a big propane tank)....the nice thing about the atwood on demand water heater is that its designed to fit in a conventional 6 or 10 gallon RV cut out (for retro fitting)....the down side of this is even when you want a little hot or warm water youre consuming propane (no tank).

Theres always the aqua-hot (diesel fired & electric) water heaters...but those are generally cost prohibitive ($4k iirc).

like so many things.....anything is possible....w/ time/skill and $MONEY$

personally i think the bigger problem is where you gonna GET & HOLD the fresh & gray water (unless you have full utilities at a campground). I think a tub would end up consuming a large amount of your fresh water & then you have the issue of having to have a huge gray holding tank.

ive got 210 gallons of fresh water on board, but only 65g of gray holding capacity....one or two tub baths and id have no capacity to wash dishes or for anyone else to take a shower (because of the holding tank size).
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote