View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 11:33 PM   #1
RgdL

Default New guy with a question regarding total length

After much searching and studying many different platforms and combinations in regards to camping/hauling/towing I have come to the conclusion that a Class 8 motorcoach conversion is the way to go for me.

My biggest interest is rockcrawling in a Hemi-powered Jeep w/1-ton axles. My next interest is boating and I'm trying to convince a friend to sell me his Supra Sunrider wakeboard boat he hasn't used in two years.

I currently tow with a 2004 Kodiak 'Monroe' conversion - basically a big comfortable dually pick-up with air ride suspension, air ride cab and air ride seats. I sleep in a tent when I get to where I'm going. My future sees me travelling more often and to farther places to escape cold Canadian winters and to enjoy some amazing offroad trails in the Southern States.

The main reason I like the Class 8's vs. other platforms is for it's towing capacity. I have no qualms about towing my 5500 lb Jeep on it's 2000 lb 20 ft flatdeck, or the boat I hope to acquire. What I'd really like to do though is find a 32-35 ft flatdeck that I can haul the Jeep and the boat on. I'm sure any Class 8 has the capacity to handle this, but I fear the combination will put me over length. Yet I often see long motorcoaches towing long enclosed race trailers.

What are your thoughts?
RgdL is offline   Reply With Quote