Thread: Frame Welding
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 01:20 AM   #272
Kenn

Default splitting time

I have been splitting my time between digging dirt for the carport and working on the motorhome. I decided to dig and do the forms myself and I will now pay to have the concrete poured and finished. It has been very hot 90 - 95 for the past few days. I don't like manual labor and the hot weather really kicks my butt. I had the inspector approve the forms and now I am waiting for the concrete guy to do his part. Should be done this week. The carport will go up about a week after the concrete is done.
On the motorhome side of things, I have finished with epoxy on all of the edges of the FRP (3 coats). I also used thickened epoxy to cover the roof bolts and then fiberglassed over them and then two coats of paint to protect the epoxy from the UV rays. Now I am starting on the stainless trim. I have drilled 16 holes for the clearance lights around the top and epoxied all of them. Today I made in-feed and out-feed tables so I can start punching many many holes in the stainless. I mounted my bench punch to the milling machine table and then used 12' 2x6's on each side to hold the flimsy stainless while punching holes every few inches. I am able to raise or lower the mill table to match the wood. I hope to have all of the trim and lights on in the next week. Next up will be to install the windows and then put the hole thing on the truck.
Attached Thumbnails
IM000564.jpg   IM000568.jpg   IM000567.jpg   IM000570.jpg  
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote