View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 08:03 AM   #9
bushpilot

Ive recently discovered that the LED replacements are interfering w/ my over the air TV /antenna reception.

ive discovered w/ a particular (3 bulb fixture) ceiling light on - when either programming tv's or watching any of the TV's (after the tv's are programmed) that i either receive fewer stations or loose some stations that i know were in fact programed and available earlier.

ive been able to narrow this even further to a single (3 bulb) fixture that is close in proximity to the roof mounted wineguard road star RS2000 powered antenna.

if i turn off the ceiling mounted (3 bulb) fixture all is fine....but with even more trouble shooting ive discovered that if i remove ONE of the 3 (LED) bulbs the tv reception is also fine (i can watch and receive more channels, than w/ the bulb in the socket & powered on).

its possibly one of the strangest things ive ever trouble shot (actually my wife noticed a sudden lack of tv reception, while we were parked on the curb of my mother-in-laws curb) and i now know its due to the fact that LEDs and their voltage stabilizing / switching circuits generate a tremendous amount of RF or EMI interference.

im not sure i can blame the LED Bulbs - cause ALL LED's give off RF/EMI (and btw LED TV screens and monitors do it too)....im undecided at the moment how ill permanently rectify (pun intended) the problem....since 1) it is occurring only in our coach and 2) we dont generally watch a lot of TV when we camp or travel.
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote