View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 08:56 AM   #13
Bob86ZZ4

It does depend on where you keep the rig to some states. I live in MN and they have a rotten law that says if the veh. is in MN for 30 consecutive days it must be registered in MN. I don't figure how they can enforce such a law. But it's there. My neighbor used to drive a company car. Company registered it in their home state (not MN). He rarely left the state with it. I don't think anybody ever bothered him about it. A high profile veh. like a motorhome might attract some attention from the neighbors. I decided not to risk getting complained by somebody and getting in trouble so I registered mine in MN and paid the sales tax. And we have rather high yearly license tab fees too. I would guess MN isn't the only state that has that 30 day law, or something similar. When I contacted one of the Montana LLC experts before buying my rig he knew right away MN had that law. I would guess they know what states it works for and what states it doesn't.