View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 10:36 AM   #1
MastercraftX1

Default New to site. Converstion question.

First I'm new to this site. I've had a great time looking around at the all the cool rigs and projects. I live in DFW (texas) area and I'm looking to find/build a small toy hauler RV that I can haul a motorcycle or two and tow my wakeboard boat. My motorcycles are fairly light WR250F and Ducati Monster 696 (about 350lbs) and my boat is about 3000-3200lbs with a single axle trailer. So my towing weight is probably about 4000 or so. We currently use a Jeep Grand Cherokee 2wd with 4.7 V8 as our tow vehicle. Live about a 1/4 mile from the boat ramp so the Jeep doesn't get used much. Have taken a couple trips witht the boat to Arkansas, Broken Bow, Austin, etc...

Thinking a diesel is the way to go. We currently have two VW tdi cars, love diesels. I'm thinking something in the 16-17' box truck would be plenty big enough for us and shouldn't too hard for putting in the boat. Saw the Uhaul 17' box truck, but not sure if a Uhaul is the way to go. Granted I haven't seen a diesel 17' Uhaul, but I'm not totally against a truck that runs on gas.

I saw a Ford F-550 with 16' cab over box on-line that looks pretty good. It has the powerstroke 6.0L diesel. Would this be a good truck to use for my needs? We would be doing trips anywhere from 100 to 500 miles and camping, boating, mountain biking etc. We don't have kids, so it's just two of us a Boston Terrier and all the toys.

Thanks in advance for any advice. Love the site.
MastercraftX1 is offline   Reply With Quote