Thread: Frame Welding
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #224
Kenn

Default Kenn's living quarters.

Michael mine will be taller for sure. The bunk over the cab will be 34" on the outside and that will give me about 29" floor to ceiling. I will have 2" between the cab roof and the bunk. The ceiling in the main area will be about 5" lower that the bunk ceiling and be 7' 6" above the floor. The outside height will be 12"6' at the back. I am looking into low profile a/c units that are around 10" witch will bring it to about 13'2". The back of my truck is 3" higher than the front. I once got my old class A stuck in a carwash and I had a man watching my clearance but he was not looking at the a/c. We got about 5 people to get inside and I was able to back out without any damage except to my pride. I thought about making it lower but the fact that I am getting older and the idea of a very shallow bunk made me go to the 29". I plan to use the 3" space above the ceiling to run wires and I can cut the plywood interior walls at 7'7" and run the wires over the top without drilling holes. I saw your latest progress and it is looking great. I like how bright and clean your walls and ceiling came out. Keep up the good work.
Kenn
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote