View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
hot rod

Don-

I am running that same Pioneer setup in my dually, and like the hidden tuner way better than the doohicky hanging from the a/c vent with wires running everywhere, plus everything is right there on the screen on the head unit. I don't know why more tuners don't have the xm built in like that.

How old is your Pioneer equipment? I'm looking for a little info there myself. I have the same setup in my dually now, but both the head unit and tuner were bought over ten years ago. The head unit is shot and needs replaced, plus I am going to need an xm for the project toter. Do you know if the current Pioneer head units are compatible with my older xm unit? Or I guess the question probably boils down to do they still use that same P-bus connection? I haven't bought a head unit for the project toter yet, but I will need xm and I like your idea of just moving the xm tuner from truck to truck. Should be easy to mount and wire with a quick connect plug. Good thinking.

Dos your xm tuner still have the older 2 wire antenna connection or the newer on wire connection? Mine is really old as mentioned, and when my antenna bit it a few years back nobody makes a 2 wire antenna anymore and I had a heck of a time even finding someone that sold the Y adapter so I could keep using my tuner. Any info would be appreciated. None of the stereo stores know beans about xm except they can read the box as good as I can and tell me it's "xm ready" which just means it has a headphone jack for the damn hanging pos.

I can't help you with your antenna, I just use the little stick on dome and it works fine, but neither truck will have a cab overhang.

Dave
hot rod is offline   Reply With Quote