View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #6
AKat777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway OPie View Post
With my conversion project I wanted to keep the classic looks of a class 8 rig, so my solution to the gray tank question might be somewhat unique. Our layout for the camper portion of the vehicle does not include a toilet; I don't want the odor and the upkeep. Plus, where we going camping most of the time there are very nice restroom/shower facilities. When on the road, we stop at McDonald's, etc.

However, I did need a solution to the freshwater, graywater supply and storage problem. I ended up finding a used tank which matched the fuel tanks on my rig, and had it made into a "split." This combination tank is mounted behind the driver-side fuel tank. I have about 50 gallons of fresh water supply, and 50 gallons of gray water storage from the kitchen sink on board. So far, it has worked effectively.

Speed Gray, K8SG
Grand Rapids, MI
Never occured to me to use a fuel tank as a grey water tank. Interesting idea. I imagine you have a filtration system for the drinking water in the rig to screen out anything that might have been left over in the tank. I wonder how long one of these tanks would last as a water tank...
AKat777 is offline   Reply With Quote