View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #107
AKat777

So I continued to work on the 'kitchen area' and ran into a minor snafu. The sink (which I got for cheap..30 bucks including faucet, mounting hardware and piping) just wont fit. I wanted a single bay sink, but this one was really cheap so I thought I would make it work. No biggie, I will use the sink on the rehab when I get back in November.

I admit I had some doubts about the framework I built, it was a little too 'flexible' for my taste initially. Once I had the countertop on, and everything screwed together, it was rock solid. Yanking on it, it wont move (but it did move the whole truck with the effort, lol).

Going to build the walls and floor for the bedroom and get that closed in over the next couple days. Insulation has to be my single biggest expense for this truck so far. The little 4' bedroom I am adding on cost 190 dollars just for the 2" rigid foam panels. *sigh* At least I will be comfortable regardless of the weather outside, lol

The roof vent was crazy simple to install. I was having panic attacks about punching holes in the roof, but all seems well, had an awesome rainstorm last 14 hours, and no leaks. And the light it lets in is great. I am going to install at least 1 more, possibly two more just for the added light. But I will install those when I am out on the road. If I do it right as we move into a new town, the special caulking I use will have almost a week to cure, which should be more than enough time.
Attached Thumbnails
kc1.jpg   sky1.jpg   sink1.jpg  
AKat777 is offline   Reply With Quote