Thread: LP Tank Safety
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 11:41 AM   #14
AKat777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
I use a Mr. Heater Little Buddy, and on high that thing will sweat me out of my small (8'X12') box. I have been using 1 pound bottles for now, but will be installing a mount off the frame for a 2 20 pound bottles. I intend on converting my generator to run propane rather than petrol.
I looked at the smaller one. I went with the larger one because it wasnt that much more money, and it had 2 bottles. That will run the heater on low for 10 hours. And on low it makes quite a difference, have not tried on medium or high. And the reason I havent is because of the only problem I have found with this heater. It isnt a problem with the heater itself, but the tanks. The small 1 lb tanks tend to freeze up. Even on low, I had frost on one of the tanks when I tested it. A little frost isnt the end of the world, and it didnt seem to affect the propane flow at all, but I think on a higher setting it would be a problem...

I am still on the fence about propane. I can build storage boxes underneath my frame easy enough. And they would be no where near the exhaust. (the muffler ends about 2 feet past where the box starts.) But I am just not sold on the propane yet. This was designed (at least in my head) as an all-electric house. In fact, the heater was only for the move to Texas (wont have power for the 3 day trip) and for exergency backup in the house when the power goes out.
AKat777 is offline   Reply With Quote