View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 03:07 PM   #28
MURPHY

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvoman View Post
do you have a roll up door or swing doors on rear?
Swinging doors in the back

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddywoofdawg View Post
Have some detail pics of the bunk framing?I so want to do a bunk like that and claim back so floor space.how much room is under the bunk and above.What did you attach the bunk too?
I didnt get any pictures of the framing, but it was pretty straight forward. 2"x 3/4" thick maple (because I had it) on all sides then 16" across the short side. We put 2" rigid inside it. we skined it in 3/16 subfloor material on the back side and 3/8" sanded plywood on the top. That just sits on cleats that are glued and screwed to the sides.

The rear wall is framed the same. There are cleats on both sides of the of the wall on the ceiling. The rear wall sits on the same cleats the the bunk portion sits on, The wall kind of slides into place and cleats hold it in from behind. On the rear wall there is a cleat on the bottom that the rear side of the bunk catches on. I have attached a few photos.

The orientation is totally out of wack on the uploaded pictures. the pic rotated to the right is a view from the back of the truck forward. The second pic is a view looing at the side of the truck from under the bunk. The third is looking twords the back of the truck from the bunk.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg   image (1).jpg   image (2).jpg  
MURPHY is offline   Reply With Quote