View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 10:51 AM   #5
AKat777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Weaver View Post
that's funny. I have been contemplating the same thing. My family has started to join me on some of my trips, and we need some more bed space. I would love to see some of your ideas.
My truck is a little different than yours, but not much, I have the attic over the cab for the kids. I dont have kids, so its storage space atm. In truth, if I had to do it all over again, I wouldnt get another furniture truck. Or if I did, I would make sure it was the taller version. Mine is only 11'8" and the extra foot or so in the attic makes the difference between the attic being a viable bedroom for a grown person.

I didnt do much different this time out, I took an extra 4 feet of tool space and added it to the living area. That means I needed another 4' flooring section (2X3's and ridgid foam) walls and ceiling.

The one thing I did run into that I wasnt paying attention to initially, the roll up door. I originally left 9' of tool space and 12 or so feet living space because I was carrying that many tools, and living alone and the bed being over the cab I didnt need more. The overhead door rail system also came into the truck about 9'. So I needed to shorten the walls to allow for the rails to pass over the new ceiling. Not exactly what I had in mind, but it works.
Pics to follow shortly
AKat777 is offline   Reply With Quote