View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #17
bushpilot

heres MY thoughts -

I like monitoring, i dont want to have to walk out to see the CONDITION of the power (v/a & hz), at the same time, i dont want to have to go INSIDE to know if the outlet or pedestal i just plugged into is ok.

i personally dont think a SURGE suppressor is sufficient - you need POLARITY & GROUND protection too.

i was FAIRLY good (but not good enough obviously) about using a VOMeter to check power, but i made a mistake & didnt check the grounds last time....BUT at the end of the day, a VOMeter is only good for the INTIAL connection & does nothing to interrupt power in the event of a spike or over/under voltage....so no matter how good i thought i was...ONE mistake was all it took !

If you want to do a portable thats fine...but i would recommend you buy a HARD WIRE device & put plugs on it....that leaves you the options LATER of making it a perm. hardwire....put the plug/connections inside the electrical bay...that way its no ON the power pedestal and you can lock your electrical bay to prevent theft.
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote