View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 11:24 PM   #11
AKat777

Quote:
Originally Posted by #90-GTSC View Post
I wonder if that accident the family had with the truck conversion pulling the race trailer somewhere in the plains states where I think five people were killed has anything to do with this.
It might have. But overall, I think the industry (RV's in general) is changing, and tightening it's guidelines. The person I spoke to at Blue Sky (Jim I think) basically told me the same thing. While Blue Sky was relatively new, the people running it had all come from RV backgrounds, and had been in the biz for awhile.

Personally, I will get out of the conversion (and RV'ing altogether) before I *pay* someone 10s of thousands of dollars to do a conversion I can do myself, and if not better, at least with *much* better gear installed.

I am waiting on a call this morning from my buddy John over at RV America to explain to me why my policy just got a 'non-renewal' status at GMAC when all I did was tell them the truth, which was I am on the road more than 6 months a year, making me a 'full time RVer' according to most underwriting guidelines. Since it's only a box truck, and well under 26000 lbs (25,500 to be exact) I might just try to find a personal non-commercial medium duty policy somewhere and not bother trying to get everything switched over to RV.

Texas (where I will be working) has fairly easy rules to convert commercial truck to RV. Pics, statement of use, and weight slip, and you are in. Only reason they need the weight slip is so they know how much to charge you to register the RV, lol. BUT that still leaves insurance issue.
AKat777 is offline   Reply With Quote