View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 04:03 PM   #1
F-350 Explorer

Default MDT for RV Hauling

Hello All. Just joined and looking for some feedback. I sold my class 8 tractor and started delivering new RV trailers with my F-350 pickup. But this pickup, as well as past other brands, is not proving reliable under the mileages I am putting on it. So I am looking at building a new medium duty truck. It will either be a Hino or a T-270 Kenworth with a PX-6 (6.7 Cummins.)
I want to put an expeditor type bunk on it, like what Alumi-Bunk offers. I'm sick of motels, or sleeping in a pickup, truck stop showers and crappy road food.

There are pros and cons to this....more expensive purchase than a new pickup, and probably not as good of fuel mileage, but how does it factor out when you figure in 70 grand average for a new pickup, that has been giving me numerous engine problems (8 grand out of warranty so far) and stuff like wheel seals, pinion seals, etc. failing constantly. Not to mention high tire and brake wear.

What kind of mileage are you all getting out of your medium duties?

I can have a truck with bunk built for cheaper than one of those custom Sport Chassis types with a hauler body. So it makes it tempting.

Thanks.
F-350 Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote