Thread: Frame Welding
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 11:33 PM   #184
Kenn

Default Lights work

I had my brother help me with running four conductor cables for the headlights and the front turn signals. I used a new junction box. I left all of the rubber plugs in place as they are for seven conductor cables. I milled four 3/4" holes so I could run each cable through a grommet. Both headlights and turn signals have three wires so I used three of the four conductors in cable each cable. I had to fab up a bracket to hold the four cables in place because they are wire tied to the hood hinge that rotates ninety degrees when the hood is closed. The picture of the open box shows from left to right 1 ground white 2 marker lights black 3 right turn red 4 low beam green 5 left turn red 6 high beam black and 7 ground white. The grounds are connected with a jumper. It took a bit of doing and I wish both light mfgs used the same wire colors. It all worked and it should be water tight after some sealant. The picture of the fender underside shows how I ran the cables along the edge with clamps. The fenders have a heavy liner that is about 1 1/2" below the fenders. You can see the end of the turn signal with the red, white and black wires. It all worked.
Attached Thumbnails
IM000016.jpg   IM000016a.jpg   IM000018a.jpg   IM000019.jpg  
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote