View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 07:26 AM   #1
dirtracer31

Default Looking for advice

Thank you everyone in advance. I just found this site and this is my first post.

I'm thinking about building my own Toterhome. My biggest concern is what to start with as a vehicle. I'll be using it to tow a race car trailer. Right now I have a 20' foot open trailer but plan to get a 28' - 32' enclosed within a few years. It also must be large enough for my family of four. I'd like it to sleep 6 if posible. I've done some research and have a few ideas. First I think the cheapest would be a used school bus. The bus idea scares me because they are not built for towing and not sure if it would have enough power. I've also thought about a straight box/box truck. But not sure what size I'd need or how easily it would be to convert. My dream would be a class 8, but I'm afraid of the expence.

In short I guess I'm asking how much power will I need for a worry free toterhome that will last several years? Is it possible with a bus conversion? How big of a box truck would I need. And budget is an issue.
dirtracer31 is offline   Reply With Quote