View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 08:32 PM   #16
Bob86ZZ4

My fresh water holding tanks are under the bed (sleeping bed that is). As is the water pump. My black and gray tanks are below the floor level. The toilet goes straight down into the black tank. Works great for checking the level. Just shine a flashlight down the hole when I flush it. The shower floor drain is the first thing to back up when the gray tank gets full. Easy to see. I never use the electronic tank monitors because they've never worked on either of my two motorhomes. I wouldn't advise putting monitors in, unless you use those kind that stick to the outside of the tanks, I've heard they work. The ones with the probes inside for sure don't work. Having the water pump under the bed is good and bad. Muffles the sound pretty well. Except if you're sleeping on that bed. Pretty noisy if I'm sleeping and somebody else wants to use water. I've heard the newer pumps are pretty quiet. I'll look for one of those silent ones when this one fails. I cut a hole in the bed pedestal and mounted a drawer front piece of wood over it using a nice hinge on the top edge. To check the level of my fresh water I just lift that cover and shine a flashlight into the tank and I can see the water level.