View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 09:20 AM   #5
jbeech

I spoke with Leo, nice fellow. $250 for a 60 gallon tank with brackets seems fair. However, adding in $150 for freight and another $100 to have someone certify the tank is empty so it can be shipped ups the price to 500 bucks, which is a bit more than I want to spend. It would be great if anybody coming from that neck of the woods would tote it (even if only part way) and thus, I could meet them. Meanwhile, I am poking around locally in hopes of finding one but unless omething materializes I will use an ordinary 40-gallon gas tank from a truck to run my Honda genset. However, I hate dealing with old gasoline, which soon enough turns into varnish - heavy sigh.

Anyway, any idea of the conversion kit costs for a truck like mine? My small block is 350 ci, which is about a 6L engine. Also, do conversions run on vapor or on liquid. Just from conversing with Leo I suspect I'd rather run on liquid but this may mean switching from a carburetor to FI, which isn't worth the bother - not for my old truck and the little I use it.
jbeech is offline   Reply With Quote