View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 06:22 PM   #10
bushpilot

i got mine direct from TST, couldnt find any better prices so figured why not go direct.

i bought the 507 system (small / flat display) w/ sensors that have replaceable (button/watch) batteries.

i really went w/ the 507 because i KNEW how i wanted to mount it to the dash (i had stuff on the dash/wires all over and suction cups on the windscreen).

they have a new flow thru sensor now (never have to remove them to add add to the tires). I used a small drop of lock tite to each valve thread (to keep the sensors from spinning off....of which i have no evidence of them having ever done).

I have the sensors or our Jeep Wrangler (JK), and dont see an issue w/ the rubber valve stems on it....but hot rod's suggestion for metal/heavy bolt in stems is a good one...w/ todays more modern dinghy it might not be an option (since ALL mfg's now have their own sensors in the tires too).

be careful of over tightening the sensors (you could strip them)...but make sure they are tight, i agree.

Ive been able to use some BENT NOSE, needle nose pliers to get the sensors on and off (w/out the tool)...especially in hard to reach INNER duel wheels.
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote