Thread: Incinolet
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #12
jbeech

It would only be my wife and I (we attend RC model helicopter weekend events instead of racing). I'm happy enough using event-supplied Port-O-Lets for liquids but like my wife, I want to place my rear on a known-clean surface.

Generally, events are 2-3 days long. There are one or two events a year, which are the better part of a week . What I don't have a clue about is planning for the discharge/washout of blackwater.

Anyway, once home I can't bring the truck conveniently close to the septic tank (it's probably 40' to the tank from the nearest concrete and I'd rather not get on the grass. As for graywater, I don't think I'd mind dumping it on the gravel driveway going to the back building (I'm on 5 acres in central Florida, but not in the boonies).

In case it's not obvious, you guys have forgotten more than I know - or put another way - what I know wouldn't fill the inside of a matchbook cover if I were using a dull crayon.

1. How do I learn if there are convenient places to dump blackwater, which are free?
2. Also, what's the typical charge at a Flying-J, or the like?
3. Is it based on capacity, or a flat rate?

I'm not really keen on the whole blue-glove hose-handling thing but realistically , I expect to use the truck about a half dozen times a year, give or take. Moreover, we'll rarely be using it more than a few days at a time because usually we take our plane to events. Short of developing wanderlust, in which case I can re-evaluate the situation, I want to be sure about the whole electric toilet vs. blackwater handling situation. After all, I'm only adding one additional holding tank but due to my woeful lack of experience it's very difficult to know whether dumping is the pain in the rear some describe, or not.
jbeech is offline   Reply With Quote