Thread: Incinolet
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 09:16 AM   #7
jbeech

Am I correct in assuming it's a generator-only operation? Or is it practical to operate off the truck's batteries while the truck idles? I mean, is this an alternative at all? I wonder because I have a Honda 6500ES but it's heavy, and burns gasoline instead of diesel. Since I'll be pinching pennies out of cashflow I'm not looking forward to buying another generator (not immediately) and would prefer to get something on the order of 20KW when I do so I can plug in the truck and run the house when-and-if as well.

Meanwhile, I've discovered two gotchas thus far. First, during the PM, the steering box leak at the Pitman arm turned out to not be a $5 seal and an hour's labor but a complete $1100 R&R. Second, I didn't loook closely enough and the front roof of the box has some damage, which has been repaired with silicone but looks like it still leaks because there are three missing rivets. That and it doesn't look like an especially good repair . . . yes, both are on me for getting in a hurry - heavy sigh.

Anyway, back to electric toilet ops using onboard power while idling, is this practical, or not?
jbeech is offline   Reply With Quote