View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #101
AKat777

Default Atlanta

Soo, the big move is over. I came down from Maine to Atlanta GA this weekend. Actually I started driving Thursday. 22 hours over 3 days. Spent the night at a TA, moved out after the morning rush.

Truck did ok on the run down here. Couple suprises.
Things shifted more than I expected. I took many short trips with the truck while moving the show from town to town, but no long haul stuff.
And the big (and unpleasant) suprise.. I blew out a brake line in the driveway of the rehab house I am working on. Suppose it could have been worse, it could have blown out while on the road. But I think the brakes are fine, it's the parking brake that went. (the IH4700 does not have a park in the trans.. has a parking lever you pull up instead. Not sure how much that is going to cost me to get fixed... on a shoestring budget with this first housing project. Also why I have not finished the truck...waiting to sell the first rehab and have extra money to spend.

Has anyone installed an isolator for the RV batteries? I cant imagine it's that hard, and I would rather run the truck to recharge the batteries than drag out the genny every day..
AKat777 is offline   Reply With Quote