View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #20
Oscarvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofkaye View Post
Immediate Suggestions: .....run additional A/C all the time and get 2 box fans[$10 each] to move the air around on HIGH... chop a hole in the wall between the living quarters and install another A/C unite on the floor-if you have the time..FANS will pull the perceived temp down by 6+ degrees and if you don't shut down the A/C it will build "coolith" so to speak...you have a lot to keep at a reasonable temp with the sun that hot....try to spray water on the truck box to keep the heat to a minimum-water adsorbs the heat and runs off -we are using a sprinkler on a flat roof of a restaurant just today because of the 95+ temps here....in Cincinshitty today! Also run a dehumidifier on all the time on MAX to take any remaining moisture out of the air as this will cause you skin to evaporate more moisture and you will feel cooler and that is good for another 4 degrees......all that is good for a total of 10 degrees and the water cooling will pull down the truck aluminum skin temp so the AC system will catch up....don't run the truck engine and A/C as it will only heat up the underside of the truck and radiate up heat into the living area....Now, for the problem of the low charge on your additional air....open the evaporator[inside unite] and see if you have any ice built up on the coils- If so, you need to increase your air flow and decrease your humidity-if no ice slow down the evaporator speed one notch as the air might be running through the coil too fast and not cooling.....tricky to get it just right and you just need some time to get it right.... No 'puter on in the RV till nite time and NO cooking at all....lites to a minimum .....turn your re-frig up/down just enough to keep things from spoiling and not a degree less....I run my freezer all nite and turn it off in the daytime- don't drink beer-drink water and avoid pop-Ice tea is good with a twist of lemon. Go to bed early and get up when it is cool....work at nite instead of day and sleep all day with fan on your body....if that doesn't work-COME HOME!......a swamp cooler will work if you can find a small one at Wally-Mart BTW..... geofkaye living at 75 degrees and very very very VERY comfortable...

You know I was reading that with interest until I got to the highlighted part. That's when you lost me.... no way José.....not giving up my suds. Rather die from heat stroke.
Oscarvan is offline   Reply With Quote