View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 11:20 PM   #3
Dragonslayer140

Thanks Bob, that was some good info, does seem like they contracted out a lot of the work and just assembled it. The one I was looking at was made in 1997, that would have been the second year of production for them, and per the article it would have had a Thor box placed on a lower unit built by someone else. That would explain why the unit has had rafters replaced, and will probably have fiberglass sides over luan plywood well on there way to delaminating. I have not seen a wood rv have enough water damage to need truss replacement that did not also have tons of other damage and mold issues. Not going to be much to salvage there, would have to tear off the whole upper box and build a new one to fit on the lower, unless the rig was super cheap, would definitively not be a good way to go. already have a class C with wood and fiberglass coming apart, do not want another one at 10x the cost..lol Starting to look like building from scratch or spending $$$ on a new conversion are going to be my choices, unless i get lucky and find a used one that fits my needs.

At least if I go with new, I have managed to narrowed it down to two builders to choose from.
Dragonslayer140 is offline   Reply With Quote