View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 03:05 PM   #1
Dragonslayer140

Default Kingsley Construction Methods?

Does anyone on here happen to know how Kingsley Coach builds their boxes? I was wondering if they were steel cage, laminated, or perhaps even wood framed? There is one listed on Racing Junk for a decent price, however they mention that it recently had a new rubber roof and new roof trusses "professionally" installed. I can see it needing a new roof, but to have new trusses means that it must have leaked for some time. Also leads me to believe that it probably has wood trusses, as it is unlikely that steel ones would have rusted away..lol. Makes me wonder what else could be wood. I have wood rafters and laminated walls in my current class C, and a roof leak in that was a major issue. If the coach was metal construction and alum skin, and purchased for the right price one could gut the interior and do a major renovation with all new materials and re use the existing appliances. Might be more cost effective than building one from scratch..

Does not seem to be too much information online about the Kingsley units, except that most of them are super long, and overpriced...

Dave
Dragonslayer140 is offline   Reply With Quote