View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #82
AKat777

Default Slow Progress

Well, we made some progress this week, but very damn little. Framed in the loft for the bedroom (pic attached) and starting on the walls this weekend. Hope to have it all framed and wired this weekend, but I am sure work will interfere (again).

I am happy to report the Ryobi genny works great... The noise level is very low, and from 50 feet away, you wouldnt even know it was running. Also, with the auto-idle feature, it sips the gas. It ran for 7+ hours today powering the laptop, a fan, couple lights and the battery charger. On less than a gallon of gas. woot.

As far as the insulation goes, I am at a crossroad. I have already put in 1350 for the closed cell spray foam. And another hundred on the little spray cans. The 1200sf I bought wont cover the whole house like I wanted (3 layers for R21). So I am faced with skimping with R14, or buying another 600 bucks for another kit. To be blunt, I dont like either choice. I am spending more than I wanted on the conversion, and not having what I originally planned will bother me if I dont keep spending.
Attached Thumbnails
120605_0001.jpg  
AKat777 is offline   Reply With Quote