View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 09:43 AM   #65
Ran D. St. Clair

Actually, the Stealth Camper has an EU2000i which is good for about 13A continuous, and 17A short term, if I remember correctly. It is very quiet as are all the little Honda's. You can double that with a companion unit and the correct cable set. You can also go with a larger unit like the EU3000i but it is less portable, though still relatively portable, just heavier. Many of the gennies used in RV's are much larger but meant to be permanently mounted in the RV. This has advantages like auto start and the possability to plumb the exaust so it exits over the top of the roof line. On the other hand, the smaller units are really nice when you need to lug them around to get power some place strange. They can also be set up away from the unit with an extension cord making the inside of your unit even quieter. They are a target for theft though. There are other good brands for the small quiet generators, and they are often cheaper, but I don't know what they are off the top of my head. It seems the little Honda's are everywhere. A solid reputation is hard to beat.
Ran D. St. Clair is offline   Reply With Quote