View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #1
Bob86ZZ4

Default Switching to LED ceiling lights.

My camper has those flourescent two tube light fixtures all over it. As well as a ton of small round halogen recessed lights. There are 11 of the flourescent ones. Some of them have burned out tubes. I was at Camping World a couple weeks ago and decided to buy an L.E.D. fixture to replace one of the flourescent ones and see how I like the different light. The one I got is their double pancake led fixture here: Double Pancake LED Light Fixture - Diamond Distribution Group Llc 52430 - LED Lighting - Camping World

Here's the description of it:

Upgrade lighting with eco-friendly, energy-saving 12-volt LED fixtures.
Features:

•our 36 Diode "Daylight White" diodes for superior light output.
•Great for new installation or replacement fixtures.
•Surface mount and easy to install, 2 wire.
•Three way switch provides lighting from one side of the unit or both.
•12 volt with 0.22 amp draw.
•5500 Kelvin and approximately 350 lumen output.
•To cover up old square style fixtures use part 52552 (bezel) in conjunction with this item.

I didn't buy the 52552 bezel since I was only buying one and not sure if I'd like the light. I figured if I like them I'd buy more and get the bezels. I put the one up and really like the light output. It is much whiter than the old lights. And seems to be pretty bright and good light spread. I just ordered 10 more to replace them all. I also ordered all the bezels so the dents in my vinyl soft ceilings won't show from the old lights. I know I could probably find the lights on line somewhere cheaper. But, I don't mind supporting Camping World because I do like being able to go to their stores and want to keep them open. I am taking a bit of risk here since I didn't wait for the Mrs. to see the difference and make sure it's okay with her. Oh well, better to beg forgiveness than ask permission.