View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #19
Bob86ZZ4

I'm wondering if a 3000 watt inverter will even run a fridge? Do you need a pure sine wave? I know they are the best but a modified is a lot cheaper. I'd say forget about the inverter. Just use the generator to run the fridge every once in awhile when you aren't hooked up to shore power. Or, buy a propane rv fridge. More money up front than a residential but they are soo efficient. Very very little propane use. And only a minor small amount of 12v needed for the ignition and the light when the door is open. And if you get a two way power one it'll run off shore/gen power when you want to to save even more propane. I know, you've already got a 120v household fridge you want to use. But maybe think more about an rv one?

Also, the toilet. Those incinolet ones are cool. Whatever one you go with you can't forget to test it in the driveway like Ran D did.