Thread: Frame Welding
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 12:16 AM   #124
Kenn

Default welding and paint

It took a few weeks of neck straining work but the underside is almost done. It was much easier to weld all of the gussets in and weld the many tube ends and brackets with the lower unit off the truck. After all the welding, I spent several hours removing rust and dirt. I used wire wheels on a small grinders for most of it. Next I primed the hole thing with Rustoleum (white). I used gloss black Rustoleum for the final coat. I brushed the paint on all of the parts that were not large sheets (fender liners and inside of the fuel compartment) and used a roller on the panels. It is hard to tell you how many pieces of steel caused me to bend my old body into funny positions. Now that it is done my neck is getting better. I used a truck bedliner called Grizzly Grip to do the inside of the fender liners. I also put in on the back and end of the holding tank. I now have all of the sheet steel riveted to the frame except for the rear panel. The Harbor Freight air riveter worked great.
Next up is to prep for paint and hope the rain stops soon. I will include some pictures and I hope you can tell what you are looking at.
Attached Thumbnails
IM000606.jpg   IM000608.jpg   IM000621.jpg   IM000611.jpg  
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote