View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 03:20 AM   #5
bushpilot

my bays had some cheezie (single bulb) automotive fixtures, i didnt want to rip those out so i just tapped into the existing wiring - the existing set up already had a switch on the fixtures so i can restore it to original anytime.

basically the lights are activated MANUALLY by a small push on push off button switch, they are not automatic, theres no reason to have 'em on a pin/door switch since therye only needed at night. When camping we usually have the cooler bay open & may or may not desire any (bug attracting) light.

the LED strips came from the internet (they ship outta hong kong via "air freight")....i didnt know their origin & admittedly they took several weeks (i think my order may have been on one of the cargo ships that sank)....the company made good on the mistake and in the end i they DOUBLE shipped my order.

the lights are 12v DC - 20 inches long, each strip contains 75 LEDs & they can be cut or soldered together to meet your needs.

i used 3M automotive/heavy duty dbl sided sticky tape (the kind that is used to hold body molding / badges and trim on) - the tape was the suggestion of a friend and its working surprisingly well !

12V 75-LED White Light Strip (50cm) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote