View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 12:28 PM   #7
hot rod

yeah, the hazmat endorsement is a big deal these days. I used to have one when I worked for the propane company years ago and it was no big deal. Still had it when I was no longer driving for them. Until one year came along where now you have to re-test every 2 years to keep the endorsement, plus get fingerprinted, plus pass a background check. Welcome to the post-911 totalitarian state. I guess the government figures if you want to drive a truck load of gasoline, obviously you must want to drive it into a government building or something. Perhaps that is a self fulfilling prophecy.

I don't know what the minimum for placarding gasoline is these days, in my day it was around 200# for substances like that, which would be about 30 gallons, so a 5 gallon jug would not be a problem. That may have changed, and the limit is probably lower now. And the minimums are different for nitrogen or nitrous as well, not sure if one nitrogen cylinder would require placarding or not.

Back when I worked for the propane company we had to supply the customer with placards if they left our dock with over the minimum.
hot rod is offline   Reply With Quote