View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #47
bushpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob86ZZ4 View Post
I don't know about that Don. Don't they have to prove something like gross negligence or something? My neighbor across the alley got his car stuck in the snow and sat out there flooring it and slamming the shifter back and forth drive to reverse. For about 20 minutes and finally blew the seals out of the trans and the spraying fluid caught fire and burned up the car, and melted my vinyl siding on my garage. His insurance bought him a car and fixed my siding. And what he did to cause the fire was total idiocy.
if they didnt take the time to investigate that fire (interviewing witnesses) and prove the cause of the blown seal was the over rev-ing etc then they were pretty stupid....but comparatively the pay out was cheap.

you can bet - w/ 5 deaths, that vehicle insurance company is investigating...there are probably other insurance coverages (life) that are also investigating. My guess is they already have the tire carcass in hand and certainly the vehicle and trailer are impounded.

if the insurance company proves that there was improper maintenance and the owner KNEW or was avoiding that maintenance they will take steps to avoid paying off.

if they can show that the kid was not properly licensed and the owner KNEW, theyll avoid paying off for sure !
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote