View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 07:17 PM   #14
#90-GTSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob86ZZ4 View Post
Newss this morning said the 17 year old son was driving and he survived. So the cab did it's job if that's right. I think the mom survived too. Wonder if she was in the cab. Said it hit the guardrail and went over. I wonder if he blew a steer tire? Remember if you blow a steer you should floor the go pedal to maintain control. Don't hit the brakes.
I was wondering who was driving and how qualified. I'm concerned there might be a call for "more regulation" and requirements for driving big RVs. I would presume a 17 y/o can't get a CDL with the qualifications for this to have been legal. I'm concerned its just a matter of time before the feds or some of the states start to require special licenses for heavy RVs.

"blow a steer you should floor the go pedal to maintain control" How do you ever slow down? Wait until you have control, are in the middle of the road, and then slowly apply brakes? Hit the gas to get the weight off the front end?

We talked a little about weight and balance and concerns about not overloading the front axle. Does a heavy front axle exacerbate the problem?
Started looking for 379 Peterbilt TC, 24' to 30' box, bumper pull--but ended up w/1999 Liberty Coach conversion of 45' Prevost XLV bus. 1,000sf heated/AC'd race shop w/dump station, 50amp shore pwr where bus parks, 3 NASCAR/ARCA race cars & 26' Bravo trailer.
#90-GTSC is offline   Reply With Quote