View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 12:51 AM   #8
Dragonslayer140

Dick, thanks for the offer, as I get closer I may well take you up on that. I am heading east to meet with some of the conversions builders in May, and trying to narrow down the buy, build, or somewhere in between options. I have pretty much worked out what we want in a coach, and now need to find if someone can build it for a reasonable price, or at least a weather proof shell, or if i will go at it alone..lol. Its now time to take my list of specifications and all my sketches and get serious about getting a design done on the computer. I am planning on modeling the entire project in 3d on my computer, including structural steel and all components. That way I can do a "walk through" of the design, and run a structural analysis of the framing to make sure i do not have any weak or overbuilt areas. I should be able to get a pretty good idea of the vehicles CG from the computer model, and it would be great to compare my results with your spreadsheet when i get to that point. I am planning on posting renderings and images of my electronic model as it progress to get some input from folks on the site. My upcoming trip to the conversion factories, along with all the kids moving out has given me a serious push to "officially" get this project started. Look forward to chatting with you,.
Dave
Dragonslayer140 is offline   Reply With Quote