View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 09:09 AM   #4
mmmc101

Warpath
Thanks for the feedback. I have driven heavy trucks for the last 40 years but never had the chance to even ride in one with an automatic. The manual becomes second nature after awhile and you do it without even thinking about it. Only use the clutch to stop and take off. One of my old trucks has a 2 stick non-sycronized 4X4. Thats a little more interesting to drive. If you get both boxes in neutral at the same time you just pull over and start over! My interest in an ultrashift is for my better half. She seems to concentrate on the size of the truck and her inability to see the right front fender so much she forgets what gear she's in and what to do next. Over time I think she will figure it out. I think its important she be able to take over in the event of an emergency.
I never thought about sound deadening on the walls. I installed the FRP on the inside for ease of maint. and it doesn't absorb ordors like some materials. Since mine is less than half the size of yours maybe it won't echo. MMM
mmmc101 is offline   Reply With Quote