View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 12:05 PM   #4
Bob86ZZ4

I'm pretty sure rv's are exempt from that crappy law they are implementing. Oopps, it will be so nice when the air is cleared up in CA with all the clean trucks that will be running down the road there soon.
Now, about that truck conversion. Those condo sleepers are big enough to convert to an rv with some creative work. You could remove the lower bunk and put a dinette in. Install a rv toilet with a small holding tank underneath. An APU would qualify you for an aux air conditioning unit and a/c electrical I think. I'm not sure what the requirements are for CA but I bet you could find them in the statutes. Then, what about removing the commercial 5th wheel hitch and putting a nice rv type and getting a 5th wheel trailer. There's nothing wrong with pulling a rv trailer with an rv. There's tons of guys doing that over here: http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showforum=32 . I prefer having a truck conversion single unit but fear it might not be cost effective for you to build your truck into one. Might be cheaper to sell the truck to somebody that won't use it in CA and buy a used t/c all set to go. Unless you really want to build something. There's a bunch of guys around here that have done it. Easiest and cheapest way might be to buy a used travel trailer and remove the wheels/axles and bolt it to your truck frame.