Thread: hpcrank
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #11
Dragonslayer140

Hot Rod, I had the same magnetec converter in my class C, it was loud, produced a horrible quality of output that you would not want to run any electronic devices on. It ended up cooking my batteries and burning out half my light bulbs one night when the rectifier failed. I did quite a bit of research as i did not want to rewire and remodel any more then needed. I came across this Intelli-power unit. RV Power Converter/Chargers, it is a simple replacement for the lower half of the magnetek unit and allows you to retain the original housing, fuse section and breakers. All you have to do is remove the lower charging section and install the new unit. There is a little bit of wiring, but very easy. The following web site has good pictures and description of what is involves. Converting the MagneTek 6325 Charger/Converter to the.

i recommend the add on charge wizard accessory, it plugs into the Intelli-Power , then mounts on the wall somewhere, it gives you a visual of what mode the unit is in, and a button to allow you to select a higher charge rate. The unit will allow "boost mode" for a while, then will drop back to an on demand charge, and once 90 percent is reached it goes to a lower voltage to prevent boiling the batteries dry, every so often it will go into a desulfation mode. I have had this on my coach for around 5 years, and leave it plugged into shore power when ever i am not on the road, has kept my coach and engine batteries at 100 percent, and never had an issue. an other benefit is very clean DC power, never worry about my computers and other elec equipment.

Dave
Dragonslayer140 is offline   Reply With Quote